This position takes direction from the General Manager and develops skills in some or all of the following areas: pool maintenance, custodial work, and light plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and other general labor as required. Must have C.P.O or be able to obtain immediately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Partners with the General Manager, Lifestyle Director and other Association staff to maintain building, common areas and other physical assets on the property.
- Regular maintenance of pool and spa (CPO certification required), landscape and irrigation systems, etc.
- Perform duties related to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting, dry wall, pressure washing, and any other maintenance needs related to the designated property.
- Regular maintenance of fire safety systems.
- Troubleshoot maintenance problems to identify issues and necessary repairs.
- Complete grounds work, which may include trash clean up, sweeping, floor care, etc.
- Set up and take down tables and chairs for events.
- Complete assigned maintenance service requests and track and report all maintenance items related to the facility.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, work within establishment procurement guidelines, and maintain approved vendor list.
- Point of contact for after hours’ calls and emergencies.
- Properly operate, maintain and store all maintenance equipment.
- Perform custodial/janitorial duties in clubhouse and guardhouse.
- Maintaining Pickle ball courts.
- Maintaining Gym equipment.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Consistently meet standards of service and interact with residents and staff in a professional, gracious and friendly manner.
- Complete tasks from start to finish in a quality manner, on time, within budget and while meeting applicable codes.
- HVAC certification preferred.
- Ability to gather information, analyze it, seek input and make sound decisions and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Above average attention to details and positive attitude.
- Work at a faster-than-average pace.
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license with a clean driving record, and the ability to proficiently operate a standard transmission vehicle.
- Extensive working knowledge of and use of tools and equipment in:
- Cement Work
- General Mechanical
- Tools necessary for day to day repairs and maintenance.
- Two (2) years of experience working in a maintenance role, preferably within an HOA or property management environment.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool equipment and chemicals, painting, dry wall and any other maintenance skills necessary to complete work orders.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form; maintain work logs; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Computer and internet proficiency.
- Commitment to company values and goals.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The position requires proficiency with US English. The candidate must have good written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing. Ability to communicate orally in Spanish preferred.
- Regular business hours to include weekends. Occasional overtime work required when emergency situations arise.
If you are interested please apply here.