The Director of Club Services will manage all aspects of the Club amenities and offerings of the Marina City Club. This includes, but is not limited to, the Fitness Center and Tennis Program operations, non-resident membership oversight, sales, member retention, and social media marketing of the Club.
Additionally, this Director will be responsible for the development of programs, events and coordination of training club staff and third part vendors. This Director will develop and initiate standards for quality control and monitor effectiveness of all programs within the Fitness Center and Tennis Program.
This Director will interface with Directors of all Departments, Club Council and the General Manager to ensure the Club is promoted and maintained as a luxury facility for our members and guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sell memberships and fitness services by creating a relationship and understanding of the needs of each guest.
- Provide excellent customer service and build lasting resident, guest and member relationships.
- Maintain guest/member files and assist the Executive Office in auditing Resident and Member files when necessary.
- Supervise Fitness Center, staff, trainers and vendors.
- Enforce rules & policies with professionalism, respect and the highest level of customer service.
- Oversee maintenance of equipment within the Fitness Center and Locker Rooms, as well as the Tennis Courts and related Tennis Program equipment.
- Identify certain member and market trends in the industry and be proactive in providing the General Manager and Board of Directors with recommendations for the improvement of programs and/or facilities.
- Assist with and provide training to Fitness Center Staff for superior customer service.
- If Memberships are available, use prospecting techniques to generate leads, appointments to increase membership sales.
- Assist with budget requirements and expenditures for each product/program: recommend necessary changes for enhancement or discontinuance.
- Identify current and future program needs by members and/or staff recommendations.
- Maintain quality control of each program and report progress to General Manager.
- Maintains Fitness staff by recruiting, auditioning, interviewing and recommending qualified candidates.
- Train staff by initiating formal training program, evaluate staff progress, make suggestions for staff improvements
- Continue personalized relationships with each new and existing club member.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of all club facilities, schedules and equipment to prospective members.
- Perform related duties as assigned by General Manager.
- Assist members in the full utilization of membership benefits enhancing their understanding of the value of membership.
- Maintain accurate records using established sales/service systems.
- Follow up with all prospects.
- Conduct club tours.
- Conduct telephone inquiries.
- Maintain information on club history, background, philosophy, facilities, staff and policies.
- Assist in maintaining the Club website.
- Update all membership, Fitness Center and Tennis materials as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5 years’ experience minimum in management
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in all social media sites and use of the Internet
The position requires proficiency with US English. The candidate must have good written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing. This includes meeting participation and occasional presentations.
Specific Skills/Knowledge (if any):
- Maintain composure, flexibility, common sense and positive attitude while serving members, guests and fellow team members
- Adhere to all club procedures and expectations
- Maintain a sense of controlled urgency when dealing with members and guests
- Interact with guests and team in a respectful, courteous and professional manner
- Present a general positive attitude and high energy when working with team and guests
- Respect, value and appreciate the difference in others
- Excellent customer services skills, outgoing, motivational, and friendly
- Ability to deal with pressure in meeting sales quota
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with members
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Work cooperatively with other staff and members
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to operate a computer and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word
The work environment is a typical office building. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org