Responsible for providing assistance to the Dining Room Manager, for the management of dining room service in a luxury high rise building. Assure a high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in associates and cleanliness of dining room. Supervise and train dining room staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to carry a service tray according to dining room etiquette.
- Adhere to quality and quantity standards for receiving food and non-food products according to standards established.
- Assign and assist duties and activities to wait/service associates.
- Be tactful and professional in handling residents’ concerns and complaints in a timely manner.
- Coordinate ordering and storage of supplies.
- Coordinate special functions with Activities Director and Chef, including physical set-up of room, schedule of service and breakdown.
- Ensure all dining room tables are properly set and or reset with the correct placement of linen, flatware and glasses
- Ensure all side work before and after meals is completed.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, budge parameters and quality standard for the department.
- Ensure that all Dining Services associates adhere to dress codes and all Dining Services Standards.
- Ensure that all Dining Services associates follow safe food handling, cleanliness and sanitation techniques per infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensure that residents, guest and associates receive high quality food and service in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the proper storage of food and non-food items is followed, and exercise the first in, first out method for rotation.
- Ensure wait staff has knowledge of how items are prepared, cooked and served and be ready to describe items accurately to residents.
- Establish and maintain a caring and nurturing environment, which supports the health of the residents of the community.
- Ensure flatware, glasses and condiment holders are clean and polished.
- Inform Dining Room Manager of food needs and residents’ likes and dislikes.
- Keep accurate meal records and entered data information per community’s policy and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of proper portion control and yield factors.
- Maintain a neat and orderly dining room.
- Prepare staff schedules, seating chart and daily wait staff assignments for Dining Room.
- Provide orientation, training, discipline and evaluation of wait staff, in coordination with the Dining Room Manager.
- Provide table service and assist associates as needed.
- Schedule associates to ensure all shifts are covered for dining room operation.
- Take reservation, seat and greet all customers.
- Take responsibility for the supply and appearance of menus.
- Follow all policies and procedures for the department and community.
- Attend all mandatory meetings.
- Comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the department.
- Attend all mandatory training and ongoing training as requested.
- Know the safety goal(s) of the community.
- Participate in and support the safety program regularly throughout the year.
- Ensure to being knowledgeable in the use of the MSDS books and Emergency Preparedness manual.
- Ensure to being knowledgeable of the specific responsibilities in the event of an emergency.
- Respond to associate requests in a timely and friendly manner.
- Provide great customer service to residents and visitors at all times.
- Treat all residents with respect.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 2 years’ prior experience as a food server in a full-service restaurant preferred.
- Six months’ prior experience in a supervisory position preferred.
- Must have a valid San Diego County Food Handlers Card; administered on site.
- Must have a valid ServSafe Certification within 60 days of hire.
- Must have knowledge of proper dining room etiquette and food sanitation and safety.
- Must demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Must be able to present information effectively to small groups, customers, clients and community associates.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must have a desire to work with senior population.
- Must be professional in attitude, demeanor and dress.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and other qualifications may be considered.
The individual must have strong written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing.
Varied working hours to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed. Subject to callback during emergency conditions (severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.)
The Dining Room Assistant Manager works in a well-lighted, clean environment. S/he constantly interacts with other people and may have to handle several responsibilities at once. The Association maintains a smoke-free environment in its offices, buildings, and common areas.
The job listing/offer with Seabreeze Management is contingent upon being fully vaccinated and boosted and providing proof of your COVID-19 vaccine before your start date. Generally, you are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after receiving the last dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States or listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO), including vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. Seabreeze is committed to engaging applicants and employees in the interactive process and if you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an accommodation to this requirement by contacting Vy Nguyen at 949-334-8166. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html
If you are interested please apply here.