The Vice President of Community Management is responsible for providing leadership. supervision and mentorship to the Directors of Property Management, Account Executives and General Managers reporting directly to him / her as well providing clients with continuity of management. Responsible for providing leadership and direction to associates at assigned properties; mentors associates and ensures all support corporate mission and understand roles in achieving established goals.
As part of the Senior Leadership Team, this position is pivotal in shaping the direction of the organization as well as the successful implementation of strategic initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Resolve every client conflict within 24-48 hours, depending on the severity.
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty while interacting with clients and team members.
- Set performance goals with Directors of Property Management, Account Executives and General Managers considering individual strengths, weaknesses and ensuring goals are directly linked to the company objectives for the year.
- Provide one-on-one training and mentorship with the Account Executives and General Managers to ensure that management contract terms are executed, career aspirations are discussed, and goals include deadlines and are on track.
- Meet with direct report Account Executives and General Managers on a regular basis, both one-on-one and in a team environment, to promote the development of skills as well as team rapport.
- Periodically attend board meetings and annual meetings for accounts responsible for.
- Regularly attend industry events to meet education and business development objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Association Boards on accounts responsible for.
- Contact Board Members on a set cycle to discuss their satisfaction level with the management services being provided.
- Review all outgoing work (meeting minutes, property inspections, action lists, board packets, newsletters, billing statements, budgets, audits, annual election material, miscellaneous mailers, etc.) for those Associations assigned to direct report Account Executives and General Managers.
- Coordinate phone calls and email when Account Executives and General Managers are out of the office.
- Provide back up on-call services.
- Actively participate in formulating and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Monitor and recommend staffing needs; actively participate in the interview and hiring process, perform quarterly evaluations of direct reports, recommend and administer discipline as required.
- Regularly conduct staff meetings to ensure the team is informed of any updates in policies in procedures or updates on Association Accounts.
- Supervise budget planning and ensure all contractual agreements are in accordance with company’s policies.
- Act as a liaison and coordinate between departments and outside parties. Convey/express information/data effectively and accurately.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget, and work with Account Executives and General Managers to maintain budgetary guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in the industry, managing homeowners associations, city government, or related experience; mid- or high-rise experience strongly desired.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience; effective in motivating and building strong teams.
- In-depth experience with staff management, project management, budget management and strategic goal development.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills are a must.
- Excellent, effective, and diplomatic verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven; excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment
- Ability to physically inspect property (or properties) and individual units
The position requires proficiency with US English. The individual must have strong written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
- Valid Driver’s License and State mandated vehicle insurance.
- CCAM® designation or CMCA® and AMS® designations required; CMCA®, AMS® and PCAM® designations desired.
Regular business hours and must be available for Board meetings and other events after regular business hours, as necessary.
If you are interested please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org