The Payroll Administrator is responsible for performing Payroll duties and charge backs/bill backs and works closely with senior HR management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas: payroll, bill backs, reporting and compliance. Serves as the front line of internal customer service for employees by responding to and routing employee questions and concerns about payroll, charge backs/bill backs and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process semi-monthly payroll for approximately 425 employees and bi-weekly payroll for 35 employees
- Reconcile payroll to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies
- Review timecards and time off requests for manager and employee approvals
- Manage vacation and sick policies, maintaining compliance with City and State laws
- Calculate and deduct appropriate amounts from payroll checks for various deductions including, 401k, advance reimbursements, benefit catch ups
- Calculate and add additional amounts to payroll checks including, advances, additional pay, bonuses, commissions
- Prepare manual checks for employees, as needed
- Provides payroll information to employees upon request and receipt of authorization
- Submits 401k remittance via 401k system in a timely manner
- Provides 401k remittance reports to Controller after each payroll is processed.
- Provides the following reports to Controller after each payroll is processed for each company ID 93360, 93362 and 94207
- Payroll Summary
- Labor Distribution Reports
- Payroll Invoice
- Assists in answering questions about timesheets and payroll systemBill Back/Charge Back Processing:
- Gathering reimbursable information for invoices
- Process semi-monthly bill backs by running reports and creating invoices
- Responsible for allocating payroll invoice fees to properly bill back clients for payroll services
- Create and send reports to managers and financial managers every payroll and when requested
- Responsible for Wage and Hour enforcement and training for employees and managers
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars
- Assists in creation and evaluation of reports
- Enters all pay increases, manager and all other changes into Payroll system
- Maintains Payroll/HRIS records and compiles reports from the database
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Effectively coordinate multiple projects, use time management skills and exercise independent judgment
- Expert English composition and written and oral communication skills
- Strong internal/external customer relation skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, homeowners, and other stakeholders
- Work with confidential/sensitive information and use diplomacy in communicating such information
- Effective project management and follow up skills
- Effectively and efficiently handle shifting priorities and deadlines
- Meet scheduling and attendance requirements per policy and the position
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and Visio
- Professional image or business image per policy, and personal etiquette.
- Organizational, planning, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to define problems and collect relevant data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Detailed oriented, accurate and excellent with follow through
Required Education and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of Payroll processing experience
- Experience with Paylocity and ADP Run systems preferred
- Maintain knowledge of State and Federal labor laws and regulations
- Attention to Detail
- Ethical Practice
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Payroll Expertise
- Relationship Management
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional travel is expected for this position.
The position requires proficiency with US English. The individual must have strong written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
If you are interested please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org