Primary responsibilities are centered on strategic planning of all resident programs within an HOA Community. This involves big picture thinking backed by a focus on the tactical aspect of planning events and activities such as: recreational, social, travel, cultural, educational and entertainment. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Lifestyle Director plans and implements creates, organizes, promotes, and implements recreational and fitness related activities for a multi-aged community. The Lifestyle Director will have significant contact with residents and vendors associated with clubhouse activities. The Lifestyle Director is responsible for facility staff scheduling, training, and oversight. The Lifestyle Director must have exceptional customer service skills, and a disposition for multi-tasking. With the support from the General Manager, makes decisions based on the facility, employees and community rules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Partners with the General Manager to identify, coordinate and market all community events, programs and services.
- Creates, organizes, promotes, and implements successful social activities and fitness programming.
- Oversees support staff to ensure facilities, events, classes and customer service meets the needs of the residents.
- Develop an active volunteer program among residents, solicit input and involvement from residents to stimulate awareness and participation.
- Work with residents to assist with their special interest groups.
- Secure all entertainment, food, decorations, and items necessary to carryout events.
- Oversee the operation of the member services desk.
- Attend Association related meetings.
- Assess overall success of events through focus groups and evaluations.
- Creates a yearly and monthly lifestyle calendar of events to promote social and recreational interaction of the residents
- Researches, plans and executes successful monthly off-site excursions
- Seeks partnerships with local vendors, businesses and officials to establish sponsorships, educational seminars and a presence in the community
- Responsible for ensuring efficient coordination of room scheduling and room set-up for all lifestyle events, board of directors and board committee meetings, either scheduled or unscheduled as well as other uses appropriate for the community. Coordinates with maintenance supervisor for set-up requirements of maintenance personnel for major events in the clubhouse
- Together with the General Manager establishes, oversees and supports board committees related to lifestyle
- Prepares requests for funds for events, social activities, and activity groups, together with any necessary or requested supporting documentation.
- Administers a lifestyle budget as approved by the board of directors
- In accordance with the approved guidelines administers petty cash, cash deposits, credit card and cash transactions
- Maintains the clubhouse information center with current information at the clubhouse and any other area deemed appropriate.
- Provides oversight for the clubhouse to include opening and securing the building, supervising its use and reporting any needs for care or maintenance to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Enforces all clubhouse rules and regulations; recommends changes to rules and regulations when appropriate to the General Manager.
- Maintains compliance with health, fire, and liquor regulations.
- Performs research and special projects at the direction of the general manager.
- Oversees the information on the Community website including Community Information, Resident spotlights, events, meetings, etc.
- Mans front desk during designated shift and during lunch periods.
- Assists with inventory of supplies
- Generates daily and monthly usage reports for the clubhouse, events and fitness programming.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to design and coordinate programs that enrich the quality of life and enhance the vibrancy and overall experience of living within an HOA Community.
- Effective and dynamic public speaking skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills paired with high energy, initiative, and enthusiasm.
- Computer proficiency with respect to Microsoft Office Suite, database software, internet and website portals, point of sale system, registration processes, policies and procedures, equipment, material and products, etc.
- Ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to interact and work positively and effectively with staff, volunteers and board members at all levels.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions, changes and delays while remaining focused.
- Ability to problem solve exercising good judgment and decision making.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to change.
- Three years of experience in a supervisory position
- Experience in budgeting, tracking and working within budget parameters.
- General office equipment (copy machine, fax, postage machine, etc.)
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematics, spelling and English writing skills.
- Pleasant telephone voice with clear and concise pronunciation of words.
- Strong internal/external customer relation skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, homeowners, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work with confidential/sensitive information and use diplomacy in communicating such information.
- Effective calendar management and follow up skills.
- Professional image or business image per policy and ability to keep work area clean
- Ability to operate equipment as defined by the position.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and self-motivated to seek additional responsibilities
- Ability to read, understand and implements association’s rules and regulations
- Ability to handle aggravated clients in a calm and professional manner
- High school diploma or GED and three (3) years of full time, paid, professional experience coordinating and promoting recreational activities and programs, volunteer programs and/or fundraising events.
- Can work a varied schedule of extended hours to include evenings, weekend and holidays based on community events other needs in accordance with this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation, hospitality, communication or related field and two (2) years of full time, paid, professional experience coordinating and promoting recreational activities and programs, volunteer programs and/or fundraising events.
- Prior experience with Homeowner’s Association programs.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience can be substituted for the minimum requirements on a year-for-year basis.
- The position requires proficiency with US English. The individual must have strong written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
- Valid driver’s license and State mandated vehicle insurance.
- Must have the ability to work one weekend day per week. Ability to adjust work schedule with minimal notice from management. Weekends, holidays, evenings, depending on resident planned activities and demands of the facility. May require more than 40 hours per week.
- Position involves sitting, standing, and movement throughout the day.
- Must be able to set up and break down events as needed.
- Utilizing a computer in an office setting.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The Lifestyle Director works in a well-lighted, clean environment. S/he constantly interacts with other people and will have to handle several responsibilities at once.
If you are interested please apply here.