It will be a necessity for the General Manager to foster and cultivate a sense of community building within the Del Webb North Ranch Community. To accomplish this, the General Manager must have strong people skills, be hospitality driven as well as have a comprehensive understanding Community management. In addition, the General Manager will work closely with the Lifestyle Coordinator and staff and will need to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Clubhouse.
The General Manager acts under the direction of the Board of Directors and oversees the day-today operations of the Del Webb North Ranch Community Association. This includes acting as an advisor to the Board of Directors, homeowners, and service providers. The General Manager manages the Association utilizing analytical ability, judgment, and decision making. The General Manager must have a comprehensive knowledge of management practices, accounting procedures, personnel practices, Association CC&Rs and Bylaws, Nevada Revised Statutes and Nevada Administration Code, inventory and procurement, contract relations, association maintenance, and safety practices. The General Manager would also be responsible for management of the Ashcroft Community Association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all State and City statutes and ordinances, and legal document requirements are met such that the Board of Directors and Association remain in compliance.
- Manage Board of Directors, Committee Members, and Community Member relations. Coordinate, attend and have oversight of all client meetings.
- Drafts correspondence in response to policies of the Board of Directors and other correspondence as it pertains to the Homeowners Association.
- Create agendas for Board and Committee meetings and packets (Board Packets) in accordance with company procedures. Responsible for all Board meeting follow-up, meeting minutes, and correspondence.
- Compiles and completes reports as required.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of information materials regarding the rules and policies of the Association to new owners (which can also be processed during escrow); prepare and distribute revisions and amendments of existing rules and policy to all homeowners.
- Organizes all office operations.
- Establishes and maintains procedure for the efficient functioning of the office of the Association.
- Devise, prepare and implement a system to receive and respond to homeowner’s maintenance requests. Report, as appropriate, on the status of requests and work in progress to the Board.
- Make ongoing routine site inspections as per the management contract and provide recommendations to the Board. Meet with homeowners when needed to discuss noncompliance issues and schedule/attend job walkthroughs with vendors.
- Ensures that insurance coverage for all Association matters is adequate and reviews coverage, as necessary.
- Educate association Board Members on changes to legislation that impacts their association. This may also be conducted with the assistance of the association’s general counsel.
- Manage all deadlines (internal company deadlines and external account deadlines) and update on the association’s annual calendar.
- Ensures that notices to homeowners regarding insurance payments, assessment coupon books, annual meeting and Bylaw changes, rules violations, and architectural control requests and performs follow up and rules enforcement administration are prepared and mailed.
- Maintains the official database of Association homeowners and residents, which requires the processing of all record changes; reviews, corrects, and updates the database on a daily basis in conjunction with the accounting department at the Management Company. Maintains an email address system for the residents and an electronic file for each unit for all electronic filing.
- Assist homeowners in making sure that proper applications are submitted for Architectural Review.
- Maintain and track Association Access Control information, etc. Works closely with Access Control provider to ensure information is current and correct.
- Maintain and update Association website on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for all aspects in the coordination of the annual meeting/election process.
- Utilize company support staff in accomplishing daily tasks in efficient and professional manner (i.e., A/P, A/R, Accounting, IT, HR, etc.).
- Maintain a chronological file of all duly adopted meeting minutes and resolutions of the Association.
- Implement Board policy and use good business judgment while enforcing the governing documents.
- Coordinate and facilitate new homeowner orientations on a regular basis.
- Attend and exhibit leadership at industry functions.
- Must have reliable transportation, driver’s license and be able to drive to association clients, potential clients, and other meetings, as necessary.
- Manage special projects.
- With the help from the Lifestyle Coordinator and Staff, develop a calendar of events for the residents of the Community.
- Facilitate the events by working with the Board/Committees, contracting with vendors, creating communication and publication of events, via email, newsletter, etc.
- Responsible for Association fiscal management including financial statement review and comprehension. This may also be conducted in conjunction with the assigned financial representative within the company.
- Coordinate with the accounting department the preparation of all documents relating to billing, collection, budget, taxes, audit, and financial statement preparation.
- Advise the Board of Directors about the Association’s current budget and report to the Board any deficiency in the budget.
- Monitor and report to the Board homeowner assessment delinquencies and work closely with the Collection Company chosen to oversee liens, foreclosures and collection efforts made to collect delinquent homeowner assessments.
- Assist the Treasurer and the Board of Directors in preparing budgets for the Association.
- Research probable increases or decreases in specific expense and income items.
- Provides justification for budget estimates.
- Indicates trends and compares with standards.
- Monitors all budget accounts throughout the year.
- Works closely with the Accounting Department to manage payments and receipts for the association. Authorize payment of invoices and report discrepancies to the Board.
- Ensures proper accounting and reconciliation of purchase orders.
- Prepares and maintains vendor list in which there are a minimum of three (3) vetted vendors for each project costing more than 3% of the total annual Association budget.
- Prepares required RFPs for any maintenance or construction within the Association.
- Reviews bids for conformity to contract requirements and makes recommendations.
- Manage bid process by obtaining competitive bids for work that exceeds authorized limit and submit bids to the Board for review and approval.
- With Board approval obtain necessary reviews from Association attorneys before submitting bid documents to the Board.
- Schedule, coordinate and monitor the activities of each contractor, vendor or service provider who is working in the Association’s common areas and report the progress made to the Board.
- Accepts contracts per specifications upon approval from the Board of Directors.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in the industry, managing homeowners’ associations, city government, or related experience; mid- or high-rise experience strongly desired.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building background/skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills consisting of oral, written and listening skills with the ability to draft, coordinate and make presentations in a Board meeting setting and a large audience.
- Collaborative decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills.
- In-depth experience with project management, budget management and strategic goal development.
- Excellent, effective, and diplomatic verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements, budgets and working with numbers and the ability to explain same to a larger audience, particularly the Board of Directors.
- Ability to draft business correspondence and reports along with responding to inquiries and client concerns effectively and independently.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management abilities while working in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Set and communicate deadlines and follow through on tasks for clients including resident homeowners, committees, and boards of directors.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to attend and actively participate at evening meetings as required.
- Must be able to be on-call when assigned.
- Advanced diplomacy, politeness, personal etiquette, and professionalism skills.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• CCAM® designation or CMCA® designations desired
- The position requires proficiency with US English. The individual must have strong written
communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
- Regular business hours and overtime as needed. Evenings as needed for Board Meetings.
- The General Manager works in a well-lighted, clean environment. S/he constantly interacts with other people and may have to handle several responsibilities at once. The Association maintains a smoke-free environment in its offices, buildings, and Clubhouse complex.
If you are interested please apply here.