The schedule for this part-time position is 4 days a week at a minimum of 30 hours. The front desk attendant provides high quality attendant services for the residential properties. The front desk attendant pro-actively anticipates the needs of the customer so a solution can be offered before being requested, personalizing the delivery of the service to meet the specific needs of each customer, reminding the customer of scheduled events, appointments, constraints, etc., and protecting the customer from unnecessary or unwanted demands by others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide the customer with an experience that will always be remembered and with the highest level of responsiveness.
- Place mail in appropriate mailboxes for residents/tenants.
- Project an approachable and professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor.
- Maintain a work environment of cleanliness and organization.
- Assure prompt and positive action on all resident complaints, questions, concerns and suggestions, as well as conduct quality assurance follow-up; respond to inquiries regarding services and building issues.
- Acknowledge and greet all residents and guests with utmost courtesy and urgency, moving out from behind the front desk to open doors and assist owners.
- Listen and work with residents who present service opportunities that other staff employees cannot resolve. Attempt to resolve them and/or elevate to the General Manager when matters are outside scope or ability.
- Serve as information liaison to General Manager. Follow up with client to assure successful completion.
- Maintain consistent presence at work station.
- When so directed, participate in resident organization and functions. Record reservations for guest and conference/party rooms. Forward event planning opportunities to General Manager.
- Use professional telephone etiquette in handling resident requests. Use work order system when necessary.
- Assist and coordinate with new move-ins as necessary.
- Provide administrative assistance with resident files.
- Maintain key log and all applicable data sheets. Take ownership of all appropriately loaned keys to vendors, contractors, realtors, and guests.
- Implement recycling or other related cost-saving environmental programs, as approved by supervisor.
- Assist with package deliveries. Log receipts of packages delivered for home owners, and notify home owners for pickup. Make sure each unit file has a release of liability form for accepting packages, etc.
- Provide access control services and remain vigilant of non-residents and their purpose for being on property.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and professional demeanor, serving as an ambassador for the company, and encouraging other employees to do the same.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and procedural manuals.
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires strong communication, organizational, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be detail-oriented while maintaining thorough follow-through.
- Ability to multi-task and to work well under pressure.
- Requires professional demeanor with ability to use independent judgment to handle any customer services matters in satisfactory manner.
- Proficiency with electronic resources such as Internet search, Outlook and Word.
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license with a clean driving record, and the ability to proficiently operate a standard transmission vehicle.
- Two years’ prior front desk in residential/high rise setting experience preferred
- Some higher education or vocational training specializing in the residential industry desired
- Good geographic knowledge of the surrounding area
The position requires proficiency with US English. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
If you are interested please e-mail us at email@example.com