The Front Desk Concierge provides high quality concierge services for the residential properties. The Front Desk Concierge pro-actively anticipates the needs of the customer so a solution can be offered before being requested, personalizing the delivery of the service to meet the specific needs of each customer, reminding the customer of scheduled events, appointments, constraints, etc., and protecting the customer from unnecessary or unwanted demands by others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide the customer with an experience that will always be remembered and with the highest level of responsiveness.
- Provide personal services of the highest level that may include, but not limited to, scheduling, requesting maintenance work orders, mail holds etc.
- Assist with deliverable services that may include, but not limited to, dry cleaning, faxing, copying and other errands.
- Maintain a work environment of cleanliness and organization.
- Report or direct issues to the appropriate department manager.
- Acknowledge and greet all residents and guests with utmost courtesy and urgency.
- Communicate with other Front Desk associates by relaying pertinent information verbally as well as providing written documentation in the Shift Log via Building Link program.
- Understand the emergency procedures at the Front Desk, including the pendant/pull cord system and 911 protocols. React quickly to emergency situations and coordinate with the Valet(s) to make all the necessary preparations for the emergency responders.
- Maintain consistent presence at workstation.
- Record reservations for guest and conference/party rooms
- Use professional telephone etiquette in handling resident requests. Use work order system when necessary.
- Open front door for all residents and guests – other doors when necessary
- Assist and coordinate with new move-ins or move-outs, as necessary.
- Maintain key log and all applicable data sheets. Take ownership of all appropriately loaned keys to vendors, contractors, realtors, and guests.
- Assist with package deliveries. Log receipts of packages delivered for residents in Building Link.
- Provide access control services and remain vigilant of non-residents and their purpose for being on property.
- Perform necessary functions on the Building Link program to ensure proper tracking, relay of information and data entry. Read shift logs and front desk directions to stay apprised of front desk procedures and information.
- Review the Front Desk Staff Procedures to carry out other necessary duties.
- Have an understanding of the property rules and regulations and other governing documents for compliance purposes and report any noncompliance matters as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned or requested from supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and professional demeanor, serving as an ambassador for the company, and encouraging other employees to do the same.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and procedural manuals.
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Requires strong communication, organizational, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be detail-oriented while maintaining thorough follow-through.
- Ability to multi-task and to work well under pressure.
- Requires professional demeanor with ability to use independent judgment to handle any customer services matters in satisfactory manner.
- Two years prior hospitality experience preferred
- Some higher education or vocational training specializing in the hospitality industry desired
- Good geographic knowledge of the surrounding area
- The position requires proficiency with US English. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
Friday through Sunday-10:00pm – 6:00am
- The concierge works in a well-lit, clean environment. S/he constantly interacts with other people, and may have to handle several responsibilities at once. The Association maintains a smoke-free environment throughout its property.
If you are interested please apply here.