The Front Desk ensures a smooth and efficient operation of services with a thorough understanding of business operations and customer service. Any concerns that cannot be resolved at the Receptionist level will be escalated to the Front Office Manager or Upper Management.
The candidate must be a high energy self-starter who is well organized, articulate, pro-active and customer-centric.
This position will support all administrative functions of the property management team under minimal supervision. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker with excellent decision-making and time management skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets scheduled and walk-in visitors and directs to appropriate area or person in a positive, respectful, and professional manner at all times.
- Courteously answers and screens the office telephone and directs calls accordingly.
- Takes detailed messages, arranges conference calls and/or meetings. Prioritize emergency repair request calls by immediately informing the General Manager, Assistant Manager or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate file to be answered by the General Manager.
- Supports the General Manager with the handling of all homeowner requests received by telephone, in person, in writing, or via the internet.
- Under the direction of the General Manager, organizes and maintains association records, documents, and homeowner correspondence with relation to association business procedures. When requested, composes correspondence and communication for same. Assists with all administrative functions and keeps all records in good order and keeps community forms and documents current and updated. Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials, prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including email and faxes.
- Organizes and maintains filing system and files correspondence and other records.
- Creates new forms and maintains procedure manuals.
- Composes violation letters to residents and handles phone calls with regards to same and reports findings to the General Manager for resolution of problems in accordance with regulations established by the Board of Directors.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, and books facilities and coordinates refreshments, records and transcribes meeting minutes as directed by the General Manager.
- Maintains applicable databases. Updates websites – including meeting dates, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, board rosters, and community events. Provide updates to appropriate personnel/ board members who utilize this information
- Assists in coordinating with General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager and the Maintenance Supervisor, outside contractors and homeowners all Board of Director approved repairs to condominiums and surrounding common area property.
- At the request of the General Manager and Board of Directors, attends regularly scheduled board meetings, and assists in administrative tasks and recording of meeting minutes. Additionally, assists with annual members meeting handling notices, proxies and agendas.
- Aids the General Manager with the coordination of meeting packets; prepares and mails (or delivers) to Board Members 7 days prior to scheduled meetings.
- Contributes to the publishing of newsletters and coordinating delivery of mailings.
- Assists homeowners with clubhouse rental. Accepts deposits and required forms and explains rules and regulations and key use. Updates calendar with clubhouse use dates, committee meetings, and special events.
- Assist new home buyers and real estate professionals with copies of required documents to complete purchase.
- Comply with standard operating procedures.
- Keep an accurate schedule of all meeting rooms.
- Keep an accurate schedule of all holidays.
- Ensure Front Desk coverage, Monday through Thursday, 8am -7:30pm and Friday, 8am – 5pm.
- Request backup for absences
- Oversee day-to-day security operations and set schedule for suite door locking.
- Communicate any Janitorial needs throughout the office.
- Receive and process homeowner payments and architectural submissions.
- Help distribute community items, such as fob/keys, signature cards, paperwork, etc.
- Open daily mail from U.S.P.S., FedEx, UPS, and other courier services.
- Deliver mail via mailboxes, desk / cubicles, or scanning.
- Maintain and update the log for incoming packages.
- Produce various reports including mail logs, courier logs, check logs, architectural submission logs, walk-in logs to management, etc.
- Manage use of company credit card, reconcile company credit card receipts, report any abuse or attempted fraud on company credit card to upper management.
- Run C3 reports nightly, to ensure Community Fact Sheets are accurate and recorded.
- Update COIs within C3 and the Seabreeze share drive.
- Receive and distribute deliveries from Vendors, if need, escort Vendors throughout the office
- ·Maintain and update temporary employee key fobs.
- Track all Front Desk equipment/supplies.
- Ensure reception and conference rooms are presentable and ready for client visits, at any time.
- Ensure coffee, water and utensils are readily available for walk-ins.
- ·Assist with coordinating visits from supply vendors (i.e., Pouch, Shredit, Harbor, Pierson Services, etc.)
- Assist call center with call overflow and our coverage during absences.
- Enforce COVID policies, escalate any concerns.
- Address safety hazards with the upper management
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 2 years of customer service experience in a client facing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to exercise diplomacy and tact.
- Possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must utilize discretion in managing highly confidential or sensitive information.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of management and clients.
- Ability to read, understand, and implement established policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate communication equipment such the phone paging system.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Qualified candidates will have a working knowledge of management practices, accounting procedures and Association CC&Rs and Bylaws.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Regular business hours and after regular business hours, as necessary
- The position requires proficiency with US English. The individual must have strong written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
If you are interested please apply here.