The Staff Accountant position will direct and coordinate the individual financial activities of the associations within his or her portfolio of accounts. The candidate must be a high energy self-starter who is well organized, articulate, pro-active and customer-centric.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- On-going maintenance and completion of monthly accounting records
- Detailed financial analysis and modeling for both internal and external purposes
- Direct the daily financial activities and actively participating in the decision-making process of financial directives
- Coordinate the financial actions and responsibilities of the Accounting Representative, Restaurant Manager, Accounts Receivable Representative, Accounts Payable Representative, Billing Representative, Banking Coordinator, General Manager, Account Executive, and Board of Directors
- Review, reconcile and make recommendations to the Board on the financial operations and control of the restaurant.
- Long-term maintenance and coordination as well as financial oversight for activities which include but are not limited to: external audit, taxation, budgeting, investment laddering, reserve study, and legal compliance
- Maintain multiple sets of accounting books, help with the preparation of the annual budget, bank reconciliations, post journal entries, reconcile A/R and A/P to the general ledger, and other accounting related functions.
- Preparation of Financial Statements (Income, Balance, and Cash Flow statements)
- Monthly reconciliation of General Ledger and bank accounts
- Posting of Journal Entries
- Ability to reconcile Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to the General Ledger on a monthly basis
- Ability to work with interrelated company transactions
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record and proof of insurance.
Education and/ore Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting is preferred but not mandatory if you possess five or more years of accounting/bookkeeper experience.
- At least three years’ Restaurant bookkeeping experience required. Knowledge of MICROS Point of Sales system preferred.
- Required restaurant Bookkeeping: 3 years
- The position requires proficiency with US English. The candidate must have good written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
Specific Skills/Knowledge (if any):
- General Accounting knowledge in order to consistently perform the job requirements with high levels of accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- Valid Driver’s License and State mandated vehicle insurance.
- Regular business hours and after regular business hours, as necessary.
- The work environment is a typical office building. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org