The function of the Director of Client Accounting is to provide direct supervisory oversight to the Client Accounting Department. This position effectively interacts with all levels of employees, management, clients and vendors. The Director of Client Accounting works with various department representatives throughout the company to ensure that all requests are completed to meet the needs of our internal and external clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct oversight responsibility of the GL Accountants/Financial Managers, ensuring timely and accurate completion of monthly financial statements
- Coordination with the Director of Clients Accounts Payable, ensuring timely and accurate payments are being made on behalf of each of our clients
- Direct oversight responsibility of the Accounts Receivable department, ensuring timely and accurate statements, newsletters and late fee charges are being sent and applied
- Direct oversight responsibility of the Cash Receipt Coordinator, ensuring timely and accurate response to banking issues, check processing, requested corrections, and emails
- Coordination with the Banking Coordinator, ensuring timely and accurate response to banking issues, requested corrections, and emails
- Attend special meetings and conference calls as necessary
- New Board Training
- Board Meetings/Finance Committee Meetings as requested
- Financial Package Explanations
- Direct Financial Management for a portfolio of clients. Specific portfolio to be created in consultation with SVP of Operation.
- Actively participate in the onboarding of new accounts. Participate in transition meetings and help guide the transition team as it relates to establishing the proper accounting foundation a successful transition.
- Actively participate in the interview and hiring process of new department personnel, perform evaluations of subordinates, recommend and implement discipline as required, conduct staff meetings and provide continuous training to new and existing staff members
- Review and sign off on Accounting generated check requests
- Review, sign, and process Deposit Corrections and Stop Payments
- Handle escalated issues for the individual departments that the position oversees
- Maintain and establish account assignments and monitor workload demands in conjunction with staff time off and any new and/or changing business parameters to ensure adequate coverage of accounts is maintained at all times
- Make decisions and provide direction to staff
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years Accounting and Finance experience
- 3 + years supervisory experience
- Ability to follow established standards and procedures for processing and prioritizing work and performing tasks
- Ability to work under moderate supervision of manager
- Excellent customer service and relationship building background/skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills consisting of verbal, written and listening skills
- Collaborative decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management abilities while working in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Understanding of Homeowner Association Budgets and Financials
- Demonstrate ability to recognize need for process improvement and have the ability to make the appropriate changes to establish a new or revised process
- Set and communicate deadlines and follow through on tasks for clients and colleagues
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Cash Handling
- Detail oriented
- Must be analytical, proactive and reliable
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
The position requires proficiency with US English. The individual must have strong written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
- Valid Driver’s License and State mandated vehicle insurance.
- Regular business hours and after regular business hours, as necessary.
If you are interested please e-mail us at email@example.com