At Seabreeze Management Company, our motto is “People, Performance, Passion,” and we live that motto every day. By continually improving the service we offer our customers and providing our team with the resources they need, we have the power to create communities wherever we go. Through sound judgement and analytical decision-making, the Assistant to the General Manager and Lifestyle Coordinator acts as a compass of our motto and, under the guidance of the General Manager, assists the community General Manager and manages the community Lifestyle program. With sound industry knowledge, the Assistant to the General Manager and Lifestyle Coordinator is a seasoned leader who looks to support the community General Manager and implement best practices in Lifestyle services. The Assistant to the General Manager and Lifestyle Coordinator has the breadth of knowledge in administrative support and lifestyle services that drives successful property management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- Assistant to the General Manager
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide confidential administrative and project support to the General Manager and Board of Directors.
- Prepare correspondence and reports for the General Manager, Board of Directors and Committee Chairs.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining procedures, as required, for the efficient functioning of the office of the Association.
- Assure office environment is clean, orderly and supplies are ordered as required. Coordinate service as needed for maintaining office equipment (e.g. copy machine, computers, and postage machine).
- Assist General Manager in coordinating office workflow, reports, and other such communications to meet deadlines. Prepare all violation correspondence at the direction of the General Manager.
- Perform special project assignments at the General Manager’s direction.
- Contact businesses or individuals for bids and estimates to submit to the Board of Directors for action.
- Coordinate information and compile the monthly Board packet as directed by the General Manager.
- At the discretion of the General Manager, be available to inspect the property for maintenance related items, violations of the Rules and Regulations and meet with association vendors to inspect and check on projects.
- In Assistant to the General Manager and Lifestyle Coordinator May 2020 addition, compose and prepare a report of items identified, and report to the General Manager on any critical items. If directed by the General Manager, obtains necessary licenses from departments of the City, County and State. Controls and maintains compliance with health, fire, and liquor regulations pertaining to all facilities.
- Performs research and special projects at the direction of the General Manager.
- Maintain the official database of Association homeowners and residents, which requires the processing of all record changes; reviews, corrects, and updates the database daily in conjunction with the accounting department Maintain an email address system for the residents and an electronic file for each unit for all electronic filing.
- Collect and prepare information for the General Manager’s use in discussion and meetings of Board of Directors Prepare responses to resident correspondence as directed by the General Manager and reports on the response.
- Prepare and mail notices to homeowners regarding insurance payments, assessment coupon books, and annual meeting and By Law changes, rules violations, architectural control requests and performs follow up and rules enforcement administration.
- Work with and assists outside contractors to ensure successful completion of contracts.
- Provides oversight for the Clubhouse to include opening and securing the building, supervising its use, and reporting any needs for care or maintenance to the General Manager.
- Enforces all Clubhouse rules and regulations; recommends changes to rules and regulations when appropriate to the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- Lifestyle Coordinator
- Plans, coordinates, and directs social activities and provides general assistance of Clubhouse associated operations.
- Creates a monthly calendar of events to promote social and recreational interaction of the residents.
- Maintains a master calendar for use of rooms in the Community Center Complex and works to make space available and coordinate the required set-up for Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings, either scheduled or unscheduled as well as other uses appropriate for the community.
- Maintains liaison with the residents, guests, and General Manager. Plans and implements Clubhouse activities and special events; sets up classes and workshops.
- Works with the Recreation Committee Chairperson in implementing events.
- Attends monthly Recreation Committee meetings and meets frequently with the Recreation Chairperson and designated Committee members on social functions and events.
- Prepares requests for funds for events, social activities, and activity groups, together with any necessary or requested supporting documentation.
- Administers, with oversight of the General Manager, the Clubhouse Recreation Committee budget as approved by the Board of Directors and the Recreation Committee.
- Is available for consultation regarding planned events as required.
- Set-up & Break-down requirements for major events, activities and Board and Committee meetings in the Clubhouse. Required to be able to lift 60 lbs. Set-up and break-down includes but is not limited to, caring 64” round tables, 6’ rectangular tables, setting up tables, rolling stack of 7 chairs and setting them up at tables. Indoor & outdoor set-up and breakdown.
- Disposal of all trash from a community social activity/ event. Placing trash receptacles at curb weekly and bring the trash receptacles in weekly.
- Maintains the Bulletin Board, Clubhouse information center, and flyer rack(s) with current information at the Clubhouse.
- Attends, upon request, Committee, and special group meetings by invitation of the Chairperson to explain Clubhouse use procedures. Coordinates social and recreational activities with all appropriate groups.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and submits purchase order to restock at the Clubhouse.
- Handles the preparation of the register banks for the Share and Wear facility every day, prepares bank deposits and makes bank deposits twice per week for the special events account.
- Prepares the monthly newsletter with articles / advertisements / updated information related to Activities.
Knowledge Skills and/or Experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years of community association and/or property management experience.
- 5 – 10 years of supervisory experience; effective in motivating and building strong teams.
- Effectively coordinate multiple projects, use time management skills, and exercise independent judgment.
- Intermediate mathematics as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Strong internal/external customer relation skills to communicate with all levels of management, employees, homeowners, and other stakeholders.
- Work with confidential/sensitive information and use diplomacy and discretion in communicating such information.
- Effective follow-up skills.
- Professional image or business image, per policy, as well as personal etiquette.
- Organizational, planning, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively and efficiently handle priorities and deadlines. Meet scheduling and attendance requirements, per policy.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. CCAM® designation or CMCA® designations desired.
The position requires proficiency with U.S. English. The individual must have strong written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the organization.
Regular business hours and must be available for Committee meetings, community events after regular business hours, as necessary.
The work environment is a typical office building. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org